ADR Stoploss changing, when new DCA order is filled

Hey guys, i’m having an issue when my conditions for a deal to start have been met, the bot will use ADR values to place DCA orders, however i’ve noticed that everytime an order has been filled the bot then moves the Stoploss futher down (wich is also an ADR value), it does not do this in Backtesting and i’m not sure if I’ve misunderstood something or if this is a bug.

Can you send a bot ID or screenshot where you see it happening?

Yeah of course, i stopped the bot when i realized its behaviour, i’ll restart and keep an eye on it

66d402e3ad19c379d6279592

After looking over some of my older bots using this method aswell, it appears that it places the stoploss from “break even” minus the ADR value (like with the TP) instead of keeping it static from entry. I’m not sure if thats intended or not :slightly_smiling_face:

I guess it’s simply missing in the backtests. Why shouldn’t ADR adapt to the deal’s average/break-even price?

After running a tester with the ADR Stoploss values, the stoploss did end up where i wanted it, however the bot didnt post the last DCA, because the previous Stoploss was within the range. The bot has to run as the backtester does, otherwise it wont work i geuss.
While i do understand the logic behind this, i dont think its very useful to have the stoploss change like this, because it gets really difficult to gauge the actual loss and the bot will be running in “unknown” territory.
I dont think it’s intentional :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes the stop loss value is calculated on the average price of the deal not the entry price. Same as the TP changes when there is DCA.

Was this the intention? And if so are there any way for me to keep it static? :slightly_smiling_face:

So you would expect the stop loss to stay in place as it does for Trading Bots and only the take profit to move with the average price? Or do you also want to choose that for the take profit?

only the stoploss, or the option to chose from “average price” or “Entry” like we have when using percentage :slight_smile:

Do you want to make this a feature request/bug report?

I was thinking about how to catagories it, since i believe it’s a bug for the backtest but it’s a bug that i want so then it becomes a feature request :slightly_smiling_face:
I will get around to do a better explaination with some visuals later today if there are still questions remaining :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like