[Grid bot] Backtest differences when compared to real bot running

INTRO:
I’m trying to find a way how to get consistent results so I can use the back-tester tool with confidence.

I’m running a real grid bot for 11 days and I decided to test the bactkester tool if it is able to backtest the real bot with similar results - so I can confirm that the backtester tool is actually realiable - but there seems to be some issues.
And since the grid trading strategy is really straightforward I can’t see a reason why we should get different results from real bot compared to the same settings when backtesting.

ISSUES:

1. When I create backtest from current running grid bot (clone same settings) I noticed weird stuff with grid lines count. See screenshots and compare.

When I change the settings from original 18 to 20 I get the same percantage value:

so it seems there might be some error with (not)counting first and last grid or something like that.

1. There are also almost double of trades in backtest then in real bot - I don’t see a reason for this to happen…

Let’s see how the community will deal with the first issue and I might try to put my time to dig deeper and describe other issues with backtesting I found - it is really time/energy consuming for me to test everything and write these reports - so I hope it will lead to fixing those issues. So I can use the tool reliably for what it was advertised to (backtests + bots).

Thx and sorry for me being harsh - I’m really frustrated so far with the Gainium app/my experience with it.

You didn’t mentioned you have changed the bot.

This is result if I changed settings, to what it was initially, almost twice less transactions

2 Likes

Thx, for your time and reply…
I did not realized I changed the settings - thank you for pointing me to see there is history with events I can search through…

I tried the same test with other bot, where I was not changing the settings during it was running and the backtest results was really close - that helped to confirm my confidence in the backtest tool…

Thank you very much for your time and care :pray:
J

P.S. the thing with percentage difference did not happen with the other bot… so this bug report can be closed

1 Like