JSON export/import of settings

Feature Request: Secure and Efficient Bot Settings Sharing

Problem:

• Current link-based sharing method is potentially insecure and can expire.
  • Manual configuration transfer is time-consuming and error-prone for complex settings.

Proposed Solution:

1. JSON Export:

• Implement a feature to export bot settings as a JSON object.
    • The JSON should include all relevant configuration parameters.
    • Consider compressing the JSON to reduce file size and improve transmission efficiency.
    • Encode the compressed JSON in base64 format for compatibility and to prevent accidental modifications.
  2. JSON Import:

• Allow users to import bot settings from a base64-encoded JSON file.
    • Validate the imported JSON to ensure it adheres to the expected schema.
    • Automatically apply the imported settings to the bot.

Additional Considerations:

• Version Control: Implement a versioning system for exported JSON files to track changes and allow rollback if necessary.
  • User Interface: Provide a clear and intuitive interface for exporting and importing settings, including visual indicators for successful operations.
  • Security: Consider to either avoid or encrypt sensitive data within the JSON file to enhance security, especially for settings that contain confidential information.
  • Compatibility: Ensure compatibility with different versions of the bot configuration.

Developer Guidance:

• JSON Library: Use a robust JSON library for parsing and serialization.
  • Compression: Explore libraries like gzip or zlib for efficient compression.
  • Base64 Encoding: Utilize a base64 encoding library to convert binary data to a text format.
  • Security: Consider using encryption algorithms like AES or RSA for sensitive data.
  • Error Handling: Implement proper error handling to catch and report potential issues during export, import, or validation.
  • Testing: Thoroughly test the feature to ensure it works as expected under various conditions.

By implementing this feature, users will benefit from a more secure, efficient, and flexible way to share and manage their bot settings.

1 Like

Hello
I use my old backtests to keep track of good / bad ideas and configurations. Since they are already tested, I know what works and what doesn’t.
However, the option to save a file with the configurations could be interesting; it’s just that over time, with modifications in GAINIUM’s programming, it could lose compatibility. I believe that saving some backtests as proven ideas is easier and doesn’t require implementing anything without worrying about backward compatibility

Bye
PEPE

Yes, it’s surely necessary to cope with new settings that are missing and removed settings that still are in the JSON.