Strategy: Number 8 Bot (a messed one)

Hello everyone. Few months ago I was tempted to create a bot in BTC similar to a scalper, a small one with a Risk 1 reward 1,5.
Initial results was not bad and with low quantity of money could be something to see how it works, so I added 2 Altcoins to see how it goes and have more feedback of data

The results was really good, so I backtested seeing the past years

And the performance in Altcoins was not good but BTC yes. the market structure was different in those days so I gave it a try.

(In these day I discover I have not activated correctly de Hedge Mode so some statistics of the bot in incubation could be broken. my bad.)

I`m pretty sure Number 8 Bot was affected but, still working good. This is the Bot runnin right now

So I Run a backtest with the feature of Gainium testing at the same moment it start, to see the difference In backtest and Live Paper

After this results with some different percentage I tested this year to see how even more different could be

I cannot trust in BTC data due my Hedge problem but is interesting the consistency of Link and potentially some other Altcoins and adding know if this Bot ends up profitable in the long term and… how things can be better adding more layers of test and see if the results goes in the right direction
Thats why this bot is a messed one (as this post) but could be the base for a another project I hope someone find usefull this data

Number 8 Bot:
https://app.gainium.io/bot/668ab9f22df760ac17ef7984?a=1895&aid=share-bot&share=93e69854-a095-4d55-9cce-e187fb7cdf3c

4 Likes

Awesome. It would be good to try many altcoins and see which ones are consistent. One thing I would do is to check the ETH trades and see what other conditions can prevent entering in the bad ones. This may reduce profitability but it could help increase the consistency among coins.

2 Likes