Understanding Start Price - Grid Bot

Greetings All, I am hoping you can share your knowledge of grid bots and starting price with me. Another poster mentioned something about the starting price function only working when pricing is below the grid, is that true?

Gainium’s help page says that grid bots have “the ability to set a price trigger, enabling the bot to activate only when a specific price is reached.” Does this imply that the price must be climbing for the bot to activate?

If the answer is yes - then how do you manage grid bots for falling prices? There has to be a better way than having them active all the time - which requires a lot more investment capital.

As far as I know the start price can be below or above current price. No funds are locked until the trigger price is reached.

Thank you very much for the response Ares. I don’t think it is working, see the screen shot below. This bot should have started but it hasn’t.

It’s not about whether the bot starts, it’s about whether it starts deals.

I can see there is only a wick on the start price, it’s possible that the bot couldn’t catch it if it was too quick. Let me know if it still doesn’t start after reaching that price for more than a minute.