Fib Retracement Strategy

I use a day trading strategy that has a very high win rate and I’m attempting to replicate it with a bot.

Here’s the idea:
You are looking for somewhat choppy price action with a defined trend (long or short). We’ll use LONG for this example.

I’m looking for a recent uptrend on the 3M timeframe with a recent pull-back. I use custom fib settings and trace from the top of the move to the recent swing low.

I’m looking for an entry on the .618 fib retracement level.
Take profit is at the 1.272 fib level.
Dip buy (safety order) levels are at the .382 and the .17.
Each dip buy quantity increases by approximately 3 times the original quantity.
A stop loss is set at -.05 retracement level, just below the last swing low.

As the price moves down to each subsequent dip buy level, the take profit level adjusts to the previous buy level.

For example;
Entry order amount is 100 at .618 / TP is 1.272 fib level
SO #1 is 300 at .382 / TP moves to just below .618 fib level.
SO #3 is 900 at .17 / TP moves to just below .382 fib level.

SL remains at -.05 fib level

Example below

As you can see in the above chart, profit was taken at the 1.272 level with no SO.

https://app.gainium.io/combo/backtests?a=6625&aid=share-backtest&backtestShare=da1fbf85-13c1-4bdf-bc4d-ef82276c6b89

I’m looking for help on refining the entry of this and what indicators I could be using.

Wanna play?

7 Likes

This is looking alot like the Inevetrades TCL MAX system and i’ve been trying to create something similar to this for 6 months now, the best i could come up with was an ADR based system, but the Stoploss became the issue since we not able to place place an ADR/ATR stoploss from the entry price, only the average price. That then places the stoploss way to far into the red and it is not possible to use a smaller ADR value because the bot wont place the last limit orders.

I Hope someone else has some good ideas :slightly_smiling_face:

I wanted to test if by changing the base minigrade from USDT to % USDT total it would change something and I got this :joy: You asked to play, I played!

https://app.gainium.io/combo/66e028ebfa0198b7cd99347a?a=2240&aid=share-bot&share=8eccff0e-781c-4a1b-aad3-1a5829575e1a

Changed settings :
Base minigrid : 7% USDT total
DCA order amount : 20% USDT total

Of course these results are not reliable at all but I started a paper bot to check how is managing everything

4 Likes

Crazy results , it also depends how it performs in real trading. Do you think paper bot behave same as real bot ? Because real bot can have having delays deal execution or miscommunication between bot and exchange.

Yes, this is the TCL MAX system, it’s been working really well for me on my manual trades.

Were you able to get results that made it a profitable system?

From my backtests, even though there are a LOT of losses, the wins outnumber the losses and the profit factor makes it a winner.

What kind of results were you seeing?

well I say, that’s not a bad return at all :rofl:

To the MOOOOON! lol

I’m testing it now. I have it running on a real bot on very low funds.

1 Like

Really impressive Brandon!! thanks for share! Im trying to understand if by the entry point you refer to the indicator that you use to start the trade.
Also I can recomend use some trend detection to avoid more losses (EMA 200?)

1 Like

Amazing strategy! I will test it. I’m planning to make a new video with all the good strategies we have here, sort of like a roundup. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Well i have a few conclusion to add to this thread;
SOL is extremely bias and everything Long related will have extreme results and i would highly recommend not going for it too hard before you have made sure that it performs somewhat similar with other coins.
TCL MAX doesnt use combo, Although i’ve tried to use it too, but when things has to stay at static values it will stagnate or become too extreme (why i think ATR is better)
I do have both long and short setups running, but as mentioned the stoploss in particular is really causing an issue for me. Regardless both bots have given me super exciting results.
:slightly_smiling_face:

The entry is only valid if the 20 Ema is above the 50ema and the 50Ema is above the 200ema

1 Like

Yes, thats what I mean, indicator to start the trade :slight_smile:

I’ll keep playing around and see what I can do.

Thanks for the encouragement!

Honestly I don’t care too much to run it on other coins. I’m mostly looking to add to my SOL bag. So I’m trading this on an Inverse Derivatives account.

Id love to see what you’re doing for your short bot.

This is the short bot, the strategy as a concept works wich is what matters to me.
I’m hesitant to share it because this isnt exactly what i wanted in regards to the stoploss.
The backtest was performed from jan 1 2024 so its basically shorting a bull run and gave good results.
The bot does perform well when theres a lower amount of volume in the market. But this period was chosen to give an insight on the worst scenario :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Strange, I always get bad results when I test this strategy… did you test it with 1min candle?

You are right each strategy should be tested on BTC and then on a second a third pair if needed - why? Because BTC is the leader and it leads the games therefore it has an healthy chart/life the rest have a correlation or opposite trend

Test it on an up, down and sideways trend to get the full picture

Oh, I think it was 3 minutes, I didn’t touch anything in the candle settings, I started a backtest from 2years ago to now, I only changed the % allocated. Are you using the exact same exchange than me? (Bybit SPOT and futures Linear). Also it was in paper trading so I don’t know if the backtest results are diferent there.

Yes I tested it also on Bybit linear but I have made the experince to always test the strategies on a 1min timeframe. I created bots with insane results when I tested it on a for example 15min timefrime and the lower I got the worst the results are… maybe someone can test it on 1min for 2years and share the results… according to my experinece it can differ a lot

1 Like

All my strategies starts with BTC 1x leverage, and if the results are decent i then further finetune, depending on the strategy i then also do a short version and then run them for atleast 1month on the paper account just to make sure it works as planned.
i’ve been burned before, will never do it again.
1st goal is to protect your assests, 2nd goal is to grow and increase assets.

:slight_smile:

5 Likes