(S-9) ALL-IN (TradingView signals base)

Overview of the S-9 ALL-IN Trading Strategy

The S-9 ALL-IN strategy is a signals-based approach developed on TradingView, aimed at leveraging the entire portfolio to achieve consistent and incremental profits. The strategy is designed to manage trades dynamically, adjusting take profits (TP) and stop losses (SL) according to market conditions.

Key Features

1. Full Portfolio Utilization:

• The strategy uses the entire portfolio for trading, maximizing the capital employed to potentially increase returns.
  2. Dynamic TP and SL Management:

• The strategy opens trades based on strong indications of potential profitable outcomes.
    • It reduces positions by closing multiple TPs if the trade moves in the desired direction, securing profits incrementally.
    • If the trade moves against the desired direction, the strategy either hits the SL or closes the trade to minimize losses.
  3. Principle-Based Approach:

• Uncertainty in Market Movement: The strategy acknowledges that future market movements are unpredictable and relies on indicators to provide potential outcomes rather than certainties.
    • Risk Management and Profitability: Emphasizes quick and safe trading with a limited budget, using indicators to balance risk management with profit generation.
  4. Indicator Utilization:

• The S-9 strategy integrates multiple indicators (e.g., TEMA, EMA, SMA, TDFI) to filter and validate trade entries and exits.
    • Heikin Ashi candles are used as a secondary filter to confirm trends and reduce market noise.

Current Limitations and Beta Testing

• Beta Phase: The strategy is currently in beta, focusing on refining alert integrations on TradingView. The goal is to allow users with a free TradingView account to utilize the strategy on 1-2 bots, despite the need for multiple alerts.
  • Gainium Integration: Gainium does not yet support all TradingView strategy features, limiting the ability to share complete bot settings or use the S-9 strategy via webhooks.

How to Participate in Beta Testing

If you are interested in trying the beta version of the S-9 strategy for free, you can direct message the developer with your TradingView public name. This allows you to experience the strategy firsthand and provide feedback to help improve its performance and usability.

Conclusion

The S-9 ALL-IN strategy offers a methodical approach to trading by using the entire portfolio, dynamic TP and SL adjustments, and multiple indicators for informed decision-making. By participating in the beta phase, you can contribute to refining this innovative strategy and potentially enhance your trading outcomes.

Click below to find out all S-Strategies

šŸ‘‰ Strategies Serie

Strategies Series by @Rossano
(S-1) - INTRO + (S-1) Accumulation Bot
(S-2) - (S-2) ZERO Movements
(S-3) - (S-3) Reduced position size
(S-4) - (S-4) Dynamic grid UP + DOWN
(S-6) - (S-6) Mix Bot - Standard + 0 Movs
(S-9) - (S-9) ALL-IN (TradingView signals base)
(S-10) - (S-10) DCA by Simultaneous Deals

Backtests by @Perez
(Strategy Series) - S Strategies Backtest

5 Likes

The strategy can be used manually, by looking at the chart of setting up alerts and it can also be automated using third parties apps, like TradingView Hub for example.

Find below the main features:

• Manual and automated trading :robot:: Connect the strategy to the exchange via API to automate trading or use it manually.

• Complete Backtesting :bar_chart:: Backtest trade results with wins, losses and win rate% in real time.

• Dynamic Multi Targets Profit (TP) :dart:: Support for one or more TPs with precise percentages based on price movements.

• Dynamic Stop Loss (SL) :no_entry:: Stop loss setting for risk management.

• ONE-alert Strategy :bell:: Use only one alert to control all Strategy actions

1 Like

Heikin Ashi (HA) candles are often used by traders as a tool to better identify trends and filter out market noise. However, itā€™s essential to understand the nuances between using HA candles versus standard (regular) candles for backtesting trading strategies, as highlighted in the provided backtest results and statistics. Hereā€™s a breakdown of the differences and the implications:

Backtest Results and Statistics

Backtest with Standard Candles:

Backtest with HA Candles:

Key Insights

1. Trend Identification and Noise Reduction:

• HA candles are designed to smooth out price action and highlight trends more clearly by averaging price data. This makes it easier to spot the overall trend and reduce the impact of market noise.
    • As observed in the provided results, using HA candles helped close deals quicker compared to standard candles. This implies that HA candles can signal trend reversals or continuations more promptly, potentially reducing the duration of trades and thereby limiting exposure to market risk.
  2. Smoother Equity Curve:

• The HA approach avoids big wins and big losses, resulting in a smoother equity curve. This can be advantageous for risk management, as it helps mitigate sharp drawdowns and provides a more stable growth trajectory for the trading account.
  3. Use as a Filter:

• In the S-9 strategy, HA candles are used as a filter rather than the primary signal generator. This means the main conditions (based on indicators like TEMA, EMA, SMA, TDFI) must be met first, and then the HA candles are checked for confirmation.
    • By using HA as a filter, the strategy benefits from the noise reduction and clearer trend identification of HA candles without solely relying on them. This hybrid approach combines the robustness of traditional indicators with the trend-filtering capability of HA candles.
  4. Non-repainting Nature:

• HA candles donā€™t repaint, which means once a candle is formed, it doesnā€™t change. This characteristic is crucial for backtesting reliability, ensuring that the historical data used for analysis is consistent and doesnā€™t alter retrospectively.
  5. Performance Metrics:

• The detailed statistics of the backtests reveal that while HA candles help in exiting trades sooner and reducing trade duration, the overall performance metrics such as profitability, drawdown, and win rate need to be carefully compared to standard candles.
    • The provided backtest results indicate that the use of HA candles as a filter slightly improves performance by making the strategy safer and more profitable due to reduced time in trades and lower exposure to potential losses.

Conclusion

While backtesting with HA candles may not provide accurate results if used as the sole indicator, integrating HA candles as a filter within a broader strategy can enhance performance. This approach leverages the strengths of HA candles in trend identification and risk mitigation while maintaining the reliability of standard candles and other technical indicators. Therefore, traders may find that combining HA candles with other tools and conditions can optimize their trading strategies, resulting in smoother equity curves and improved trade management.

1 Like

Hello @Rossano, thank you for this great strategy!

I was just wondering what were the best coins and timeframes to use this strategy??. As you may have noticed, the winrate is improving with larger timeframes. The problem is that it can be more interesting to have a low winrate if you are doing more trades as you may profit faster. To try to tackle this question I compared 6 timeframes (1min - 5min - 15min - 1h - 4h - 1day) on BTCUSDT (Binance). For each one of these timeframes I calculated the average number of trades per day by using the number of trades and the number of candles that were available on my Tradingview account for each timeframe (around 20K candles). Then I made a quick management strategy (that could be largely optmized), the idea was that each trade could only SL or TP1 (I was not taking into consideration TP2/3/4 as it is way more difficult to create something usable on Excel). For each trade, the SL and the TP where set at 5$. So with the winrate I could calculate the profit or loss per day knowing that the winning trades make +5$ and the losing ones -5$.

Here are the results for BTCUSDT:

We can see that the best parameters here would be to trade on the 5min timeframe as it would let to higher profits. Also what we can see is that is better to use a 15min timeframe with less trades (4,7 per day) and a higher winrate (83%) than a 1min timeframe with more trades (7,4 per day) and less winrate (70,77%).

Then Iā€™ve done this exact same table on ETHUSDT, BNBUSDT, SOLUSDT and PEPEUSDT on Binance and Bybit

Here is the table (each cell represents the $ per day potentially made with the strategy mentionned before):

Full table here:

Full table BTC-ETH-BNB-SOL-PEPE

Ok so with this table we can see several things:

• There is no better platform between Binance and Bybit or at least the differences are minimal for this strategy

• BTC and ETH have better results on the 5min timeframe but BNB, SOL and PEPE are performing better on the 1min

• The worse is the shitcoin the better the strategy performs (It might be because there is more volatility for these coins at the moment so there are more trades to be made).

Conclusion:
If you want to optimize your profits with this S9 strategy, you might want to trade PEPEUSDT on Binance on the 1min timeframe. Of course many other coins, platforms and timeframes could be tested but itā€™s a lot of work to do, these ones work well already.

The next step would be to choose a better strategy than just 5$ SL / 5$ TP but I think that something really useful to test this would be to backtest it with the Risk:Reward settings on Gainium but the strategy needs to be loaded on there.

Thanks Rossano for this really nice strategy, I will try to use it as soon as possible! :grin: Donā€™t hesitate you all to give your opinion on this

2 Likes

Thanks mate really appreciate the time you spend looking at these strategies - this is my reward and meaning when I say ā€˜we learn by sharing and not the oppositeā€™ :heart:.

Really like the pairing selection as it give you a fibonacci overview on the risk/reward for each possible pair - from BTC safe but slow to PEPE risky but fast.

I would encourage you to switch to % value instead of $ value as it can easily change when you add more zeros to your wallet - so % is more universal on that side.

If you are going to use only one TP and a fixed SL then yes maybe the risk reward feature in Gainium would be helpful but then it may be more profitable to set a min conditional TP (with SAR 3min as closing condition) and a signal based SL (need to be backtested as I may be totally wrong on this :slightly_smiling_face:).

Bear in mind that one of the most important value in the strategy is the sensibility - think at it as a net - the higher is the sensibility the more accurate are the signals (less noise).

Thanks - I will add more info when I have new insights

1 Like

@Chavalart is using a similar strategy and yes she is using PEPE as main pairing if I donā€™t get wrong

Are you using this strategy on the Trading terminal or have you automatized it? I tried Trading view hub for automatization but everything is paying there for the strategy finder and I donā€™t want to pay for something that I donā€™t even know if it will be useful :sweat_smile: Would like to have more details about how are you using this strategy now (manual or bot? and how are you using it?)

Of course, if I can, I will use % instead of $ as it allows you to compound and to properly manage your portfolio :grin:

I have never tested the full wallet amount HFT strategy with Pepe. But if I can finally get it to work I probably will :slight_smile:

I have only used it on btc, eth and sol until now.

There are 4 ways of using this strategy at the moment but none of them are optimal - It would be ideal if Gainium adds more webhooks so we can just run the strategy here.
The other three options are tv-hub (or similar), trading bot with hybrid signals (embed and external signals based on conditions), connected directly to the exchange or manual trade.
At the moment I have integrated alerts to test it on Gainium but as I said isnā€™t the strategy anymore as it uses only a few features from the strategy and the rest is adapted to what Gainium offers.

This is the paper bot Iā€™m running atm
https://app.gainium.io/bot/666f5a85f7f2d79c8c2fd480?a=386&aid=share-bot&share=d8ac1750-9fe6-4272-a719-73f7d0e2c867

Are you using the TP webhook as a SL and a TP on Gainium? Thanks for the hints. Have you tried Trading view hub? If yes, it is working as you want?

If you use Tv-hub you literally need only one alert to manage everything and the shared TV strategy is already suitable for it.
I shared some tips with @bertran74 early today about how to use it but I will encourage to use paper account as it still under development.

I made some changes to the strategy to work with separated alerts so we can split SL TP etc but even there isnā€™t ideal at the moment as the strategy isnā€™t dynamic anymore, as he can only handle one profit and one stop or close condition.

1 Like

Just an update on this strategy (Gainium app)

The strategy is working as intended but itā€™s limited to open and close only atm - if you look carefully at the closed trades you will see that those winning trades outperform the loosing ones - but if we had more webhooks connected to Gainium those loosing trades could be reduced or even turned into profit.

Summary

Recap

Net Result: 2.04%
Avg daily return: 0.21%
Max Equity Drawdown: -0.94%
Max deal duration: 1D 19H 58MIN
Av. deal duration: 6H 52MIN

Info

Balance: $1K
Profit: $20.46 / 2.04%
Active deals: 1
Closed Deals: 16
Trading time: 10D 12H 59MIN

Deals Stats

Win Rate: 33.33%
Average Deal usage: 1005.35 USDC
Average Profit: 1.36$
Average Trading time: 6H 52MIN
Average Time In Loss: 18.04%
Average Time In Profit: 81.96%

Thanks for the insights @Rossano!

I have some questions about these results. First what timeframe are you using? Then how are you using the webhooks precisely, I mean I understand that you open the trade when there is an ā€œentryā€ alert but when are closing them? (I suppose that when there is a SL but then are you closing the full trade at TP1 or TP4? (If itā€™s TP4, this may explain why you obtain 33% winrate with profits that seem larger than SL).

Also this may be a stupid question but if I click on ā€œCopy botā€ on Gainium, will the bot open the trades with your alerts? (I suppose that is not the case but never know).

Hey @Perez good questions:

• 15m timeframe
  • Iā€™m wrongly closing them (intentionally) only on the close condition (Close TS) signal which reduce the actual profit of over 50% as it closes on the way back when the price drops - this is mainly because Iā€™m testing the worst case scenario and so far even with the panic sell it outperform the losses
  • I will release an update so you can use one alert to trigger different conditions
  • Nope if you copy the bot only the Gainium settings will be copied as the TV alerts are linked to my bot/deal IDs and will be differnt from yours

Hope @aressanch will add more webhooks as atm only basic TV strategies could be used

1 Like

Nice! Yes Iā€™m super interested in this strat! I canā€™t wait to trade pepe on the 1min timeframe as I showed on my last post :joy:

Tanks for the details !

In the screenshot above you can see where the closing condition is triggered (Close Trailing Stop)

NOTE: Bear in mind that backtest results are based on x days - so if use it on a Gainium bot and as soon as you start you have 2 trades one in profit and one il loss this means your win rate will be 50% - if overtime those winning trades are more than the loosing trades then the win-rate will get higher.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been manually testing by opening/closing deals when I received an alert, not really conveinient but made some good profits. Would really like to use it in gainium.

Is the strategy fully compatible with TV hub? Otherwise I can give that a try for the moment.

Sounds good - glad someone is making good profit using this strategy.
@bertran74 asked the same question a while ago, wondered if he is testing it atm.
Yes it is fully compatible with tv-hub you just need one command to control all bot actions.

My recommendation is always the same - use the paper account first then small margin then ALL-IN :joy: (as per name strategy).
Give me a shout if you need any help with it

Hi rossano, at the moment iā€™m not testing it, but i will keep a close eye on the improvement you make, keep up the good work :+1:

1 Like

Hmm canā€™t get it to work, how do I connect Tradingview (strategy) to TV-Hub? Iā€™ve got the webhook in place but where can I leave the TV-hub token? Otherwise TV-hub doesnā€™t know its me :grinning: